Last Update: December 30, 2019
The Le Labo entity responsible for the processing of your personal information will depend on the different purposes for which Le Labo will use your personal information and where you are located in the world. Please review our List of Local Entities for the name of the Le Labo entities responsible for the processing of your personal information and the appropriate contact information.
Click on one of the links below to jump to the listed section:
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
- HOW WE USE INFORMATION
- LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING
- INFORMATION WE SHARE
- YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
- COOKIES, TARGETED ADVERTISING & ANALYTICS
- INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
- CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
- DATA RETENTION
- HOW WE PROTECT INFORMATION
- LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
- HOW TO CONTACT US
- ADDITIONAL RIGHTS AND DISCLOSURES FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
- LIST OF DATA CONTROLLERS
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect the following categories of information about you. In some cases, the information we collect may fall within more than one category.
- Contact information and personal identifiers, such as your name, address, email address, telephone number, and username or social media handle.
- Device identifiers, such as information about your device like your MAC address, IP address or other online identifiers.
- Demographic information, such as your age, sex and gender (some of which may be protected by applicable law).
- Physical characteristics, such as your hair type and color, skin type, and eye color.
- Commercial information, such as the products or services you have purchased, returned or considered, and your product preferences.
- Payment information, such as your method of payment and payment card information (including payment card number, expiration date, delivery address and billing address).
- Identity verification information, such as photo identification for in-store pick-ups, and other authentication information like passwords.
- Online or network activity information, such as information regarding your interaction with our website or mobile applications, other digital properties, and advertisements, information about your browsing and search history on our website or mobile applications, and log file information which includes, but may not be limited to, your browser type, webpages you visit, and other electronic network activity.
- Geolocation information, such as information that can help identify your physical location like your GPS coordinates or the approximate location of your mobile device.
- Audio and visual information, such as recordings of your voice when you call our customer service and images we record through CCTV in our Le Labo owned retail
- Professional or employment-related information, such as information from your resume, employment history, education history and professional licenses or certifications.
- Health and medical information, such as skincare concerns, diagnosis, medical reports and history.
- User Content, such as your communications with us and any other content you provide (including photographs, videos, reviews, articles, survey responses and comments).
- Inferences drawn from or created based on any of the information identified above.
For some services you may not be required to provide any personal information. However, if you do not provide us with the information we request, you may not be able to take advantage of some of our products and services.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
We may obtain personal information about you from various sources. The categories of sources from which we collect personal information are:
- Directly from you, such as when you make a purchase on our website or in one of our Le Labo owned retail stores, contact us with a question or complaint, use one of our mobile applications, create an account on our website, respond to a survey, participate in a contest or other promotion, make an appointment or sign-up to attend an event, apply for employment, or sign-up to receive marketing communications.
- From your friends or family members, such as when your friend or family member sends you a gift or makes a referral.
- Cookies and automatic collection methods. When you visit our website or use one of our mobile applications, and when you open or click on emails we send you, we, and third parties we work with, may automatically collect information from your browser or device using technologies such as cookies, web beacons, pixel tags, and similar technologies. Cookies are small text files that websites send to your computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify your browser or to store information or settings in your browser. Web beacons or pixel tags are small images which are embedded into our website or emails that provide us with information about your browser or device, or whether you open or clicked on the emails we send you. These technologies enable us, or the third parties who place such technologies, to collect information such as device identifiers and online or other network activity information.
- Through in-store and other offline technologies, such as video surveillance and WiFi technology in and around our Le Labo owned retail stores, and call recording technology when you speak to customer service.
- From our business partners and service providers, such as demographic companies, analytics providers, advertising companies and networks, and other third parties that we choose to collaborate or work with.
- From social media platforms and networks, such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram. For example, we may obtain your information from a social media platform or network if you interact with us on social media or choose to log-in to our website using your social media credentials.
- From other Pullen Company brands or affiliates that you have interacted with.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
We may use the information we have about you:
- To provide products and services to you, such as fulfilling orders and processing payments, creating, servicing and/or maintaining your account, assisting with product selection and replenishment, and managing current or past purchases.
- To communicate with you, including to respond to your inquiries or complaints, and to help you place an order.
- To administer your participation in special events, contests, sweepstakes, surveys, and promotions.
- For marketing and advertising, such as to send you marketing and advertising materials via postal mail, text message or email, and to show you advertisements for products and/or services tailored to your interests on social media and other websites.
- For analytics purposes, such as to understand how you use our website and mobile applications, understand your preferred method of purchasing with us; determine what browser and devices you use to visit our website or mobile applications; and to evaluate and improve our products, services, advertisements, website and mobile applications.
- To operate and improve our business, including to respond to employment applications, provide quality assurance, conduct research and development to develop new products and services, and perform accounting, auditing and other internal business functions.
- For legal and security purposes, such as to detect, prevent, and prosecute harmful, fraudulent, or illegal activity, loss prevention, identify and repair bugs on our website or mobile applications, and to comply with applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies.
- Other short-term, transient use.
We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING
Where required by law, we will use the information you provide for the above purposes if:
- it is necessary to perform a contract to which you are party (e.g., to process your payment and fulfil your order);
- we have obtained your consent; or
- we have a legitimate interest in doing so (including a legitimate interest in performing marketing activities, research activities, data analytics, internal administration functions, processing and enforcing legal claims and conducting our business in compliance with all applicable laws, relevant industry standards and our policies).
INFORMATION WE SHARE
We may share your personal information with:
- Service providers. We may transfer personal information to service providers who perform services on our behalf based on our instructions. We do not authorize these service providers to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. Examples of these service providers include entities that process credit card payments, fulfill orders and provide web hosting, advertising and marketing services.
- Other third parties. In addition, we and our affiliates or service providers in the U.S. or other jurisdictions may disclose personal information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process, (ii) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials, (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity, (iv) when disclosure of your personal information is otherwise required or permitted by law, or (v) with your consent.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
Your Privacy Rights
Subject to applicable law, you may have the right to request access to and receive details about the personal information we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your personal information, and have the personal information deleted, as appropriate. Subject to applicable law, you may also have the right to request the restriction of the processing of your personal information or to object to that processing on grounds relating to your particular situation, the right to withdraw your consent and to receive, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, the personal information that you have provided to us where technically feasible. You may also lodge a complaint with your supervisory authority.
These rights may be limited in some circumstances by local law. We may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections. You may exercise your privacy rights through our Privacy Request Portal
You can opt-out from receiving marketing or clienteling communications by email by following the instructions within the emails you receive from us or by contacting us through our Privacy Request Portal. Please note that your opt-out request is specific to the particular type of email communication you receive from us. For example, if you opt-out from a clienteling email, you will no longer receive clienteling email communications, but you may still receive email marketing communications from us. Further, if you opt-out from both clienteling email communications and marketing email communications, we may still send you transactional or operational emails. Examples of transactional or operational emails include, purchase or shipping confirmations, password resets, profile updates or other account related messages.
Postal Mail Opt-Out
You can opt-out from receiving marketing communications by postal mail by following the instructions that may be included in a particular promotion. You also can request that we refrain from sending you promotional postal mail by contacting us through our Privacy Request Portal
Text Message Opt-Out
You can opt-out from receiving text messages from us by replying STOP to the text message you receive from us or make a request through our Privacy Request Portal Please note that this will only opt you out of the specific text messaging program associated with that number.
Push Notifications Opt-Out
When you download one of our mobile applications, we may provide you with the option to opt-in to receive push notifications. You may, after downloading one of our mobile applications, opt-out of receiving push notifications by adjusting the settings on your mobile device.
Geolocation Information Opt-Out
When you use one of our mobile applications, we may ask you to share your location. You may choose not to share your geolocation details by adjusting your mobile device’s location services settings.
COOKIES, TARGETED ADVERTISING & ANALYTICS
Cookies are small text files that websites send to your computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify your browser or to store information or settings in your browser. We use different types of cookies on our website, including performance cookies, functional cookies and targeting cookies. For details on these types of cookies and information on how to opt-out, click here: Cookie Settings
Please note that your opt-out only applies to the browser you use to submit your opt-out, so if you use multiple browsers or devices, you must opt-out on each browser, on each device. Your opt-out is enabled using cookies so once you opt-out, if you delete your browser’s saved cookies on a device, you will need to opt-out again on that browser on that device.
We also work with third-party platforms, including platforms operated by social networks, such as Google, and Facebook, to show you advertisements. We may convert your email address, telephone number or other information into a unique value and have these third-party platforms match this unique value with a user on their platform or with other data they may have collected about you. This matching enables us to deliver advertisements to you and others on these platforms. You also can request that we refrain from using your personal information in this way by contacting us through our Privacy Request Portal
Do Not Track and Advertising Across Different Websites
We currently do not change our tracking practices in response to “do-not-track” signals or other similar mechanisms. Third parties that have content or services on our website such as a social feature, analytics service, or an advertising network partner, may obtain information about your browsing or usage habits. These third parties do not change their tracking practices in response to “do-not-track” signals from your web browser and we do not obligate these parties to honor “do-not-track” signals. To learn more about browser tracking signals and “Do Not Track,” please visit http://allabountdnt.com.
We may use analytics services, such as Google Analytics, on our website, our social media pages, or our mobile applications to help us evaluate and analyze how visitors use these platforms. For specific details on how Google collects and uses information on our website, social media pages, or mobile applications, please visit: How Google Uses Data.
This website is not intended for or directed to children under the age of thirteen and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen on the website. If we become aware that a child under the age of thirteen has provided us with personal information, we will delete the information from our records.
We keep the personal information you provide for the duration of our relationship, plus a reasonable period of time thereafter.
HOW WE PROTECT INFORMATION
We maintain reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure, or use.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website or mobile applications may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may operate independently from us. Linked websites may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any linked websites. To the extent any linked websites you visit are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for the websites’ content, any use of the websites, or the privacy practices of the websites.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If we need, or are required, to contact you concerning any event that involves your personal information we may do so by telephone or email.
ADDITIONAL RIGHTS AND DISCLOSURES FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Disclosures of Personal Information
We disclose the following categories of personal information for business or commercial purposes:
- Contact information and personal identifiers
- Device identifiers
- Demographic information
- Physical characteristics
- Commercial information
- Payment information
- Identity verification information
- Internet or other electronic network activity information
- Geolocation data
- Audio and visual information
- Professional or employment-related information
- Health information
These disclosures take place for the following business or commercial purposes:
- To audit our interactions with you to ensure compliance with applicable law and to measure the effectiveness of our products, services, and advertisements;
- To detect, prevent, and prosecute harmful, fraudulent, or illegal activity;
- To identify and repair bugs on our website or mobile applications;
- To provide services, such as customer service, order fulfillment, and payment processing, which we either conduct or engage service providers (such as courier services) to conduct on our behalf;
- For research and development;
- To further our business goals, including to advertise our products and services;
- For quality assurance; and
- Short-term, transient use.
The disclosure of personal information for which we receive valuable consideration (i.e., the receipt of some benefit other than money) is considered a “sale”. We may disclose the following personal information for valuable consideration:
- Device identifiers
- Internet or other electronic network activity information
We do not sell the personal information of minors under 16 years of age without affirmative authorization if we have actual knowledge of the individual’s age.
Your California Privacy Rights
You have the right to request the following details about the personal information we have collected about you during the past 12 months:
- the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you;
- the categories of sources from which we collected personal information about you;
- the categories of personal information we disclosed about you for a business purpose;
- the categories of personal information we sold about you and the categories of third parties to whom it was sold;
- the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your personal information.
In addition, you have the right to request that we delete the personal information we have collected from you (subject to certain exceptions).
You can exercise your rights through our Privacy Request Portal or by contacting us at 1-866-316-9319. You can also opt-out of the sale of your personal information here: Do Not Sell My Personal Information. We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity when processing your requests.
We will not discriminate against you on account of your exercise of your California privacy rights.